[MPlayer-users] Re: configure script patch

Matthias Wieser mwieser at gmx.de
Fri Aug 19 09:42:05 CEST 2005

Am Freitag, 19. August 2005 08:36 schrieb Reimar Döffinger:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 09:55:50PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 03:36:32PM +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > > Depends. Especially since OpenGL tends to get better and better,
> > > whereas
> >
> > Is there any way to stop it from tearing yet? If not it's totally
> > useless..
>
> Well, not everyone is so extreme as you in that aspect *g*. But all
> Windows and some Linux OpenGL implementations can enable vsync
> (e.g. __GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK=1 environment variable for nVidia).
> I haven't yet found a way to enable it from the driver though.

I think there is no xorg.conf option to enable GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK. But if
you don't want to use the environment variable, you may use
nvidia-settings to adjust the gl_sync behaviour.

Recent versions of nvidia-setting show two additional XVideo options:
"Video Texture Adaptor: Sync to VBlanc" and "Video Blitter Adaptor: Sync
to VBlanc". I think the first one is for the "normal" xvideo mode. Do you
know what the second otion is for?

Regards,
  Matthias