[MPlayer-users] bmovl2

Jason Tackaberry tack at sault.org
Sat Aug 20 16:10:00 CEST 2005

I wrote it. :)

> -) Do you know any alternatives to bmovl2 , which will
> allow overlay thing over a playing video.....

vf_osd, which has recently been submitted to mplayer-dev list.  I
received some feedback and need to make some changes before
resubmitting.

> -) Any one intrested in this topic???

I am. :)

> ?) the bmovl patch (frm MeBox) is for 2005-Apr-1
> mplayer build....In my new machine i have got fedora
> code installed....and it is shoing errors while
> compiling  2005-Apr-1 mplayer build.  any one faced
> such an issue ??

I haven't tested vf_bmovl2 in a fair while.  It's deprecated in favor of
vf_osd, so I no longer maintain it.  You should probably port your
application to vf_osd, which you can check out here:

   http://sault.org/mebox/downloads/patches/vf_osd-2005-07-17.diff

When I find the time, I plan to release a new patch to incorporate the
suggestions I recently received.

The main difference between vf_bmovl2 and vf_osd is that a fair bit of
logic has been removed from vf_bmovl2.  vf_osd is conceptually simpler,
providing a single BGRA shmem buffer that your application can write to.
Then your app issues a slave command to instruct mplayer to update that
region of the OSD.

Cheers,
Jason.