[MPlayer-users] saa713x grey screen/bar

list wad listwad at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 13:36:56 CEST 2005

Hello,

I have:

saa713x tuner (Selected device: UPMOST PURPLE TV)
MPlayer 1.0pre7-3.3.5-20050130 (v4l and v4l2 enabled)
Linux 2.6.11-gentoo-r9
Pentium 4

I've tried several different options for both the v4l and v4l2, but
the best I can get is a dark grey screen (v4l) or a dark grey band at
the bottom 5% of the screen (v4l2).  Running with -v and I get no
complaints.

This dark grey screen/bar has "movement" to it, so I believe that the
tuner is delivering something.

Is the problem the 'chanlist' option?  I am in Taiwan and
frequencies.c does not call out anything close to my location.  I did
try most of the chanlist values anyway, but nothing helped.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.
Thanks