[MPlayer-users] trouble with a52/ac3

Ryan Olf ryan at efrus.com
Thu Dec 1 23:46:49 CET 2005

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'm fairly sure, though that the crashing is
defintely audio related.  When I run mplayer -ac null, the video runs fine
indefinitely, both with ffmpeg and default vfm.

As far as the lavf demuxer is concerned, and maybe this should be another
thread:  when attempting to open a dvb:// stream, mplayer fails with (before
anything displays):
--------------------
MPlayer dev-CVS-051130-13:28-3.4.4 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team
CPU: Advanced Micro Devices Athlon 64 Newcastle,Winchester,San Diego,Venice;
Sempron Palermo (Family: 15, Stepping: 0)
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx SSE SSE2

Playing dvb://KRON-SD.
code taken from dvbstream for mplayer v0.4pre1 - (C) Dave Chapman 2001
Released under the GPL.
Latest version available from http://www.linuxstb.org/
dvb_tune Freq: 731028615
libavformat file format detected.
LAVF_header: av_open_input_stream() failed

Exiting... (End of file)
---------------------
This is the case with the CVS and gentoo versions.  When opening the .ts file,
it opens the video, but the video runs really fast (audio is normal):
---------------------
Playing file.ts.
libavformat file format detected.
VIDEO:  [mpg2]  704x480  0bpp  90000.000 fps  4300.0 kbps (524.9 kbyte/s)
notice the insane fps.

Should I open another thread ont he lavf issue?  Any more ideas?  I'm
wondering if maybe my capture card is damaged.  I might try it under windows
to check.  Also, I'mg etting a better antenna soon, which may clean up the
audio stream, which probably, as you said, has trouble.  Still, why does it
kill the video stream?

Ryan