[MPlayer-users] Re: In an NTSC world, can DVD drive play non-NTSC discs?

Tobias Diedrich ranma at tdiedrich.de
Fri Dec 2 15:01:36 CET 2005

Alexander Roalter wrote:

> Other systems (as SECAM) are *not* supported with DVD, so there you go.

Sure they are supported, I'd imagine that french DVD-players have to
output secam, I'd expect the french want to look at color and not at
black+white pictures. :-)

Of course I also said it's just the color encoding, which means it
is completely irrelevant for the information encoded on the DVD. :-)
(Maybe I didn't make it clear enough I meant the analog signal color
encoding and not the on-disc color encoding, since the latter is
always YUV).

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.uguu.de