[MPlayer-users] Running Mplayer as Normal User

n0dalus n0dalus at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 11:15:31 CET 2005

On 12/9/05, Ko Ko <kkl_sg at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I think it is something to do with file permission. But rather, I am afraid it is not the file permission of my directories. Because I have already set to chmod 777. I think is the file permission to some mplayer configuration or codecs files need to be set correctly. But I am not that sure which 1. That's why I send to mailing list. =)
>
>   Thanks for your reply
>   Ko Ko

Are there the necessary 'x' (execute/list) permissions for all the
directories below the file? Sometimes if one of the directories is
unlistable it will give up. Can you open the file with mplayer or view
the file with a text editor?
Are you using anything like SELinux with strict policies?

n0dalus.