[MPlayer-users] Capturing screenshot with mplayer

Ko Ko kkl_sg at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 16 08:20:48 CET 2005

Hi,

  I know how to capture screenshot using mplayer

  "mplayer -frames 2 -vo jpeg:outdir="/home/avicap" videofile.avi"

  But the problem I am facing now is..

  I can't capture only 1 frame. Even if I specify -frames 1, it still will capture two jpeg images.

  And I wanted to rename the output file name. But I don't really know how can I possibly did that.

  Now if I capture a file, it will produce 0000001.jpg. But I want it to produce like myscreenshot.jpg

  Is there anyway to do it with mplayer command. I can rename using Linux commands. But it would be better if I can do everything with only mplayer command.

  Regards,
  Ko Ko

Reality starts with Dream