[MPlayer-users] Encoding optimisation that uses the least processing power

Mustafa Abbasi lordverminard at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 07:11:24 CET 2005

> Isn't all of this in the manual?? Did you even read it??

yes i did that why i know most of the option but you see i am a noob to this
stuff and while the manpage is good (very good in fact) for a noob like me
its still quite hard without help.

 2. Unrelated to slowness, but 23 IS NOT A VALID FRAMERATE FOR TV
>   CAPTURE. The only valid framerate is the framerate of the TV
>   standard you're capturing from, wither 30000/1001 (NTSC) or 25
>   (PAL). Anything else will horribly destroy the field structure of
>   the video.

i do have pal input so i shouldspecify fps=25.???

will this command be more efficient.

nice -n19 /home/mustafa/source_compile\
/mplayer_1.0/bin/mencoder tv://\
-tv device=/dev/video0:driver=v4l2:freq=
312.25:height=576:saturation=100:volume=100\
 -oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=mp2:abitrate=96  -ofps 25 -vf pp=lb -ovc lavc
-lavcopts\
 vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=600 -o /store/match3.avi\

thanks you for your help.