[MPlayer-users] Interlaced playback?

Norman Ramsey nr at eecs.harvard.edu
Mon Dec 19 19:12:00 CET 2005

 > Alright, well, the playback was crappy enough that I've decided to
 > switch back to a 540p mode. Everything looks great, and the
 > television's internal processor is chopping properly into odd and even
 > frames...

I'd love to hear details (mplayer command line, X mode line) of how
you're displaying 1080i content in 540p mode.  I'm looking to buy a
high-definition monitor, and I thought I'd be limited to something
that supports 1080i mode through VGA input, but it sounds like maybe
540p will do not only as well, but better.  Correct?

Norman