[MPlayer-users] Problem reading DVD burned on the JVC DR-MH20S

Julián Nuñez julian at proteger.org.ar
Mon Feb 7 20:09:11 CET 2005

Thierry Grauss wrote:

>Le Lundi 7 Février 2005 19:27, Emiliano Rago a écrit :
>

>>Try to copy the DVD into your home and then do
>>
>>mplayer -dvd-device <directory> dvd://1
>>
>>If it work, then the problem is that you put into the DVD a wrong file
>>system.
>>
>>Regards,
>>Emiliano
>>

>It is the same problem and the same error message.
>
>In fact, the burner is not in the computer, and is not connected to the
>computer. It is an external dvd burner connected on the TV, satellite
>decoder, and VCR. I used the remote control to record the video tape on the
>hard drive of the dvd burner, then I transfered the film on a dvd-r and
>finalized the disc (everything with the remote control, outside of the
>computer).
>
>I can read without any problem the DVD on the external dvd burner, but not on
>the dvd drives in the computer (but I can mount the DVD and see the files on
>the disc).

Maybe the DVD burner creates DVDs that are only playable on themselves.
Try to play the DVD on an external DVD player, or alternatively you can
try dxr3player, wich now plays DVDs on SDL too.

Regards.
Julián Nuñez

--
"El verdadero valor esta en hacer sin testigos, lo que podría hacerse delante de todo el mundo"

The danger lies not in the machine itself but in the user's failure to envision
the full consequences of the instructions he gives to it."
    Neal Stephenson

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the
homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of
totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?
    Mahatma Gandhi (1869 - 1948), "Non-Violence in Peace and War"