[MPlayer-users] Problem reading DVD burned on the JVC DR-MH20S

Thierry Grauss tgrauss at free.fr
Mon Feb 7 21:39:32 CET 2005

Le Lundi 7 Février 2005 20:09, Julián Nuñez a écrit :
> Maybe the DVD burner creates DVDs that are only playable on themselves.
> Try to play the DVD on an external DVD player, or alternatively you can
> try dxr3player, wich now plays DVDs on SDL too.
>
> Regards.
> Julián Nuñez

Here is the output of dxr3player :

bash-2.05b$ dumpdvd
21:26:16: Using /dev/dvd as the DVD drive.
libdvdread: Invalid main menu IFO (VIDEO_TS.IFO).
Cannot open DVD!

Apparently the main menu is not created correcly by the dvd burner.

The VIDEO_TS.IFO file contains this :
DVDVIDEO-VMG

I don't know why there is a problem whith the VIDEO_TS.IFO file. I have opened
the same file on a dvd I bought, and the content is the same.

It is strange because I can launch each VOB file without any problem, mplayer
will read them. But if I tell mplayer to open the dvd and launch the film, I
have an error message. Is there a way to tell mplayer to not care about the
main menu if it is faulty and then begin playing the film immediatly ?

Regards,
Thierry