[MPlayer-users] Fast motion video in low bitrate - with cmp?

CrimeDog crimedog at wp.pl
Fri Feb 11 14:19:40 CET 2005

Dnia 11-02-2005, pią o godzinie 03:15 +0000, Martin Collins napisał(a):
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 20:16:17 +0100
> CrimeDog <crimedog at wp.pl> wrote:
>
> > I have DVD from my school prom, there are many fast motion scenes
> > but without *cmp option I'll get much higher quality (in fact I only
> > checked the first 2 minutes with VERY fast motion scenes).
> > Which *cmp values do you propose?
>
> I have seen jerky motion when using *cmp, try without them. Otherwise
> 2 is nearly as good as 3 and much faster.
Thanks for your reply.

Agrr, all night of encoding (I had to wake up on 5' to start second
pass), reading DOCS, manuals, TODO etc. to notice that XVID produce
better (visual) quality with default options!
I know, that image provided by XVID is blur, but be honest - which
windows user is using postprocessing to deblock? With lavc I had very
blocky image, especially on fast moving and flat (walls) objects.
<flame mode=on>Sorry to say, but Xvid is better ;-) <flame mode=off>

My command:
mencoder dvd://1 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts
pass=1:bitrate=922:vhq=4:me_quality=6:trellis -oac mp3lame -vf
kerndeint,scale=512:384,hqdn3d=2:1:2 -mc 0 -noskip -o Studniowka.avi

What you think about that?

--
With kindest regards:
Konrad Materka