[MPlayer-users] Fast motion video in low bitrate - with cmp?

Alexey com at nforum.de
Fri Feb 11 15:58:32 CET 2005

You can have much better quality with two-pass-encoding. That means you
have to encoode the video two times with EXACTLY the same settings
except that first pass=1 and the second time pass=2. Also I would rather
use a static target size and not a static bitrate. You just have to
enter the bitrate as a negative value and this will be considered as
target size in KB. If you have even more time you can try the gmc option
(global motion compensation) especialy with amateur shooting it can help
a lot

Regards

Alexey