[MPlayer-users] Fast motion video in low bitrate - with cmp?

CrimeDog crimedog at wp.pl
Fri Feb 11 17:06:12 CET 2005

Dnia 11-02-2005, pią o godzinie 15:58 +0100, Alexey napisał(a):
> You can have much better quality with two-pass-encoding. That means you
> have to encoode the video two times with EXACTLY the same settings
> except that first pass=1 and the second time pass=2. Also I would rather
> use a static target size and not a static bitrate. You just have to
> enter the bitrate as a negative value and this will be considered as
> target size in KB. If you have even more time you can try the gmc option
> (global motion compensation) especialy with amateur shooting it can help
> a lot
I am using too pass encoding, but:
* with lavc it doesn't improve quality as much as they promised
* while using this option:
-xvidencopts pass=1:bitrate=922:vhq=4:me_quality=6:trellis
i get bitrate like 4000 and higher. I have to remove some date from
hardisk to save it ;-(
* How to use negative bitrate? If I want to fit whole DVD on one CD,
should I use -1*702*1024 bitrate?