[MPlayer-users] sound problem with tv

Marian Dubiel marian-dubiel at gmx.de
Sat Feb 12 10:13:11 CET 2005

Hi,

I hope you can help me. I want to watch tv using mplayer. I have a bt878
based tv-card which is connected to the audio input of my soundcard
(nForce2 sound chip) and I use alsa for it.
If I use 'tvtime' for watching tv it goes all well, but with mplayer I
have some trouble with the sound. At high frequencies for example sharp
's' or 'z' in human voices (like in 'three') the sound gets overdriven
and scratchy. I don't now how to solve it. I wanted to use the -af
equalizer option to lower high frequencies, but the equalizer does not
work at all (and I don't even know, if the equalizer would solve my
problem). I also tried -af volnorm, but it was useless, too.
The soundoptions in -tv also don't have any effect. I don't know, if it
is important, but I have to use the -tv immediatemode option (it does
not
matter if I'm using immediatmode=0 or =1, but if I don't use this
option,
I don't have any sound at all). So I don't have any idea how to solve
this problem, maybe you can.

Marian Dubiel