[MPlayer-users] sound problem with tv

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Sat Feb 12 22:21:11 CET 2005

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 10:13:11 +0100
Marian Dubiel <marian-dubiel at gmx.de> wrote:

> If I use 'tvtime' for watching tv it goes all well, but with mplayer I
> have some trouble with the sound. At high frequencies for example
> sharp's' or 'z' in human voices (like in 'three') the sound gets
> overdriven and scratchy.

This really makes no sense.  MPlayer doesn't work any differently than
tvtime when you are watching TV.  Both just turn sound on, and your
soundcard does all the work.

You probably just need to turn the volume down a little.  If not, maybe
your sound chipset is cheap, or perhaps the drivers aren't perfect...