[MPlayer-users] Where to get libmp3lame

Dariusz Andziak dandziak at kikom.pl
Wed Feb 16 10:19:30 CET 2005

Hi,
The rpms you can find under http://apt.sw.be/packages/lame/. You need to
install the lame-devel package,too. Both packages should have the same
version-number.
Then you can re-configure MPlayer, and check if there is a message like:
"libmp3lame=yes" on console window. Then you have to re-compile Mplayer
and... it works.
It should work with rpm-installation of MPlayer, too. If not, check the
place, where are the lame-library installed. I personally preffer the
installation from source-code.

Good luck.
Darek