[MPlayer-users] quicktime 5.2 can play it but mplayer says no audio

Roberto Togni r_togni at tiscali.it
Sat Feb 19 16:41:52 CET 2005

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 10:18:43 -0500
Bob Davis <bob at bobsbits.net> wrote:

> Once again replying to myself.
> Its quicktime 6.5.2
> I can see where its screwing up but I dont know where to go from here.
>
> MOV: Track #1:
> MOV:     Description list! (cnt:1)
> MOV:      desc #0: rtsp  (12 bytes)
> Generic track - not completely understood! (id: 1)

The file is a redirector, hidden in the generic track there is an rtsp
url. MPlayer can handle some mov redirectors, but not this kind of
files.

The video track is a single frame, probably the original quicktime shows
it while playing the stream.

Anyway the url you need is rtsp://136.244.12.63/wcni2.sdp

You need to istall live.com library to play it.

Ciao,
 Roberto