[MPlayer-users] USB headset Fedora

Phil Phil.Oleynik at mail.ioffe.ru
Fri Feb 25 14:05:06 CET 2005

Ivar Bratberg wrote:

>Hello , thank you for your answer
>Actually I manage to get some sound through the headphone, like the system
>bell.
>WHen I do mplayer -ao help I get a list of drivers
>
> mpegpes Mpeg-PES audio output
>        oss     OSS/ioctl audio output
>        null    Null audio output
>        pcm     RAW PCM/WAVE file writer audio output
>        plugin  Plugin audio output
>
>I have tried to write mplayer -ao oss:dsp-device:dsp1 and dsp
>
>The oss driver has only this option to chose dsp-device, does is stand for
>digital signal processing ?  Can someone telle me which of these drivers to
>use to be able to direct the sound to the usb head phones ?
>Ivar
>
>fredag 25 februar 2005, 10:53, skrev Phil:

I think you sould try to use ALSA, it has a very wide variety of
supported devices.
However, ALSA is not in your mplayer's ao-list. This means either you
disabled it
during compilation, or it is not installed at all.
You may go to http://www.alsa-project.org/  and download latest release.
You should have kernel sources or headers, I cannot remember what is
required.
For more information see ALSA docs, I had no problems installing 1.0.6.
Actual
at the moment is 1.0.8. It should be even better :)

Philipp