[MPlayer-users] Mencoder: Changing frame rate (RealMedia to vcd)

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Mon Jan 3 04:30:34 CET 2005

On Sat, Jan 01, 2005 at 07:12:56PM -0400, Giacomo Comes wrote:
> >   encode2mpeg -o STEST16 -a 3 -n p -mpegfixaspect pad -imageonly -svcd -mpeg sample.rm
>
> the command is correct. -a 3 set 16/9 aspect.

Actually, upon a second try (fixing my -n option), the above generated
good mpeg output file.  I used both -mpeg and -encode 2 as you
suggested with similar results.

I burned it to CD-R but it fails to play in my DVD player (Toshiba
SD-3960) which I thought would play svcds.  It plays the vcds just
fine.

Tried another dvd player with no luck, but a Polaroid PDV-0700
portable player had no trouble with any of my coasters (svcd/vcd
PAL/NTSC 16:9 & 4:3).

Looks like it would be smart to buy a DVD burner.  The NEC ND-3500A
Dual Layer seems popular.  But that dual layer media is killer, price
wise.  What good is a DL burner if you can't afford the media? ;)

encode2mpeg is very helpful, thanks.  A feature request would be a
"-dryrun" option that just prints out the commands it would run.  It
would be nice for testing out options to see what config options get
set and what programs would be run.

Thanks again for the help,

--
Bill Moseley