[MPlayer-users] Multiple soundcards under Windows XP, and Mplayers Windows port.

Jehvi seppo.sormunen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 18:10:36 CET 2005

Hi!

I'm using latest Mplayer Windows port under Windows XP.
I have 2 soundcards: Internal Audigy ZS and external Audigy NX USB.
USB card is default soundcard in Windows, and mplayer plays sound through
normally without any problems. But i want that Mplayer uses the internal card
when playing movies.

I have -ao dsound in my options allready, but i need to add there something else
to tell mplayer to use the second soundcard.. What that would be?
What are the device names under Windows?  -ao dsound:device=??? or what do i
need to do?

Please help..

Sincerely, Jehvi