[MPlayer-users] Multiple soundcards under Windows XP, and Mplayers Windows port.

Sascha Sommer saschasommer at freenet.de
Thu Jan 6 18:05:58 CET 2005

On Wednesday 05 January 2005 18:10, Jehvi wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm using latest Mplayer Windows port under Windows XP.
> I have 2 soundcards: Internal Audigy ZS and external Audigy NX USB.
> USB card is default soundcard in Windows, and mplayer plays sound through
> normally without any problems. But i want that Mplayer uses the internal
> card when playing movies.
>
> I have -ao dsound in my options allready, but i need to add there something
> else to tell mplayer to use the second soundcard.. What that would be?
> What are the device names under Windows?  -ao dsound:device=??? or what do
> i need to do?

I added support for this today. Check mplayer -v -ao dsound file.avi to get a
lost of audio out devices. Then use mplayer -ao dsound:device=2 file.avi
Where 2 is the number of the output device you want to use.
(a new build is up in releases/win32-beta in case you don't compile mplayer
yourself)
Please tell me if it works, I wasn't able to test it.

Sascha