[MPlayer-users] Re: Multiple soundcards under Windows XP, and Mplayers Windows port.

Jehvi seppo.sormunen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 18:07:39 CET 2005

Sascha Sommer <saschasommer <at> freenet.de> writes:

> On Wednesday 05 January 2005 18:10, Jehvi wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm using latest Mplayer Windows port under Windows XP.
> > I have 2 soundcards: Internal Audigy ZS and external Audigy NX USB.
> > USB card is default soundcard in Windows, and mplayer plays sound through
> > normally without any problems. But i want that Mplayer uses the internal
> > card when playing movies.
> >
> > I have -ao dsound in my options allready, but i need to add there something
> > else to tell mplayer to use the second soundcard.. What that would be?
> > What are the device names under Windows?  -ao dsound:device=??? or what do
> > i need to do?
> >

> I added support for this today. Check mplayer -v -ao dsound file.avi to get a
> lost of audio out devices. Then use mplayer -ao dsound:device=2 file.avi
> Where 2 is the number of the output device you want to use.
> (a new build is up in releases/win32-beta in case you don't compile mplayer
> yourself)
> Please tell me if it works, I wasn't able to test it.
>
> Sascha
>

> document.domain = 'gmane.org';
> document.title = 'Re: Multiple soundcards under Windows XP  and Mplayers
Windows port.';

Hi Sascha!

It works like a dream! Thank you veeeryy much!
Now i finally got one step closer to my own Bluetooth controlled home theater. :)

Next thing i'm gona miss in Mplayer is TCP server inside the mplayer, that would
send player status info, like timecode etc. and listen for TCP command strings,
like "play file.avi", "pause", "forward 15 seconds" etc.

This would be great feature, and i think that the TCP server code is not too big
to fit in the player itself.. I heard that there is some kind on MPLAYERD
(daemon) version, but i did not manage to get in to their website (down for some
reason) and it is only for unix at the moment..

But this is just an idea..

Keep up the good work!

Sincerely, Jehvi