[MPlayer-users] Re: ATSC testers needed

sean seandarcy at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 6 00:22:08 CET 2005

Nico Sabbi wrote:

> Hi,
> the last version of linuxtv.org's dvb drivers (dvb-kernel available here
> http://www.linuxtv.org:81/cvs/)
> has initial support for ATSC cards.
> I attached a patch for mplayer-cvs: it should permit to tune digital
> channels with the dvb:// syntax.
> The channels file needed is ~/.mplayer/channels.conf.atsc; its syntax is
>
> name|frequency|modulation|video_pids|audio_pids
>
> I would be grateful if someone would test the code (I can't: not ATSC in
> italy).

I've got a pcHDTV3000 card that gets atsc, which doesn't use the dvb drivers. If I understand you correctly, the cvs
dvb-kernel drivers now support this card.  And with your patch, mplayer can use it. ( now we use a specially patched
version of xine - xine-hd).

I'd be happy to test it if this is the sort of setup you have in mind.

But a question: Has this dvb driver been included in recent kernels? I'm using 2.6.10.

sean