[MPlayer-users] RFE: "Intelligent" DVD title selection

Matthew Mott matmott at btinternet.com
Sat Jan 15 18:19:21 CET 2005

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

> I have a DVD (Babylon 5 Season 1), on which each episode and each extra
> is in its own title, so there's no "longest" title, but there are - for
> example - 3 or 4 titles of equal length and several shorter ones. First
> episode is located - quite intuitively - at title 1. How do you propose
> to handle this case?
>
> R.

How about:

1) If there is a longest title, select this one.
2) If there are several "longest" titles, which differ in length by at
most x seconds (where x is fairly small), select the one with the lowest
title number.

This would deal correctly with your DVD, since the first title is also
the first "longest" title. It would also deal correctly with my DVD of
Little Britain Series 1 where the first episode is title 2 (with title 1
being an introductory sequence).

Matthew