[MPlayer-users] vidixlib: [radeon] Can't find chip

Daniele Boffi daniele.boffi at unipv.it
Wed Jan 19 18:40:36 CET 2005

Hi

I can succesfully use the xvidix video output for my Radeon graphic card
with the 1.0pre4 release. Here is the significant part of the logs

[radeon] Found chip: Radeon Mobility M7 LW [Radeon Mobility 7500]
[radeon] Video memory = 32Mb
[radeon] Set write-combining type of video memory
[radeon] Saved overlay colorkey settings
VIDIX: Description: BES driver for Radeon cards
VIDIX: Author: Nick Kurshev

When I use 1.0pre5 or 1.0pre6a releases, it does not work any more
(xv video output is OK). Here is what I get.

vidixlib: PROBING: /usr/lib/mplayer/vidix/radeon_vid.so
[radeon] Can't find chip

This behavior looks strange, since I am using the same X configuration...

I have seen a similar post but the proposed solution does not look OK to me.

http://itdp.fh-biergarten.de/mplayer-users/2004-11/msg00198.html

Could anybody help me to understand what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Daniele