[MPlayer-users] mplayer 1.0pre6 and ALSA 1.0.8 could not open audio device

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Jan 22 10:25:52 CET 2005

Hi,
On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 04:54:28PM -0800, Joshua Weage wrote:
> When I attempt to use the -ao alsa option, I get the following error:

Just a reminder: I am still looking for somebody with a clue concerning
alsa to help me fix ao_alsa.
But I'm getting the impression there is nobody like that around here :-(

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger

P.S.:
>  Mplayer works fine with the -ao oss option, but I am having sync
> problems with a video so I want alsa to work.  aplay works fine.  I get

As it looks currently, fixing those sync problems with -ao oss will
probably be possible much faster.