[MPlayer-users] Re:5.1 still only played in stereo? (DTS)

Matthias Hataj mohataj at gmx.net
Fri Jul 1 04:16:36 CEST 2005

-channels 6 doesn't change anything.
as far as i can see, -channels 6 uses the analog output.
i want to use toslink/s/pdif.
-ac hwdts or -ac hwac3 leads to nothing, same (stereo) output, strange
sounds on my receiver and no digital signal.

i want to have a digital dts of dd signal on s/pdif to my receiver. the
receiver detects dts or dd and decodes the right kind. i'll see on the
dts/dd receiver if there's a appropriate signal, like the one coming
out of my dvd-player.

is there something with mplayer only compatible with some soundcards
using -ac hwdts or -ac hwac3 ?

cu
mo

--
"I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end." -
Margaret Thatcher -