[MPlayer-users] mplayer: relocation error: /usr/lib/libavcodec-cvs.so

raid517 raid517 at ukonline.co.uk
Sat Jul 2 01:26:11 CEST 2005

Out of curiosity, is there any 'official' version of that package that
would work? (I have no issues with rebuilding Mplayer).

I ask as cinelerra needs it and it would be nice if I could get both
Mplayer and cinelerra to work in harmony (cinelerra for editing my
movies and Mplayer for watching them).

On an aside, possibly, or possibly not directly linked to Mplayer, I'm
getting undefined symbols messages on libquicktimehv-1.6.0.so.1 too. Is
there any way to fix this?

Also how can I avoid things like this in the future? I'm not sure I can
stop my Debian box from pulling in updates - as all of my codecs libs
and other packages would quickly become rather old. What is meant when
you speak of official packages? I would imagine that as a lot of these
packages are not directly aviable from Debian, they are all to an extent
somewhat unnoficial. I certainly would tell packagers to follow
packaging guidelines - but unfortunately I doubt me simply telling them
this is likely to change very much. :(

Your input is appreciatted.

GJ