[MPlayer-users] How to encode with older codecs?

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Tue Jul 5 11:32:18 CEST 2005

Fabio S. wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have the following problem: I was used to encode with mplayer
> (1.0pre4-3.2) movies from my vcr in order to see them on my tv set via
> my dvd/dvix player.
> Everything worked fine with the following commands
> mencoder file.avi -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr -srate 11025 -ovc frameno
> -o frameno.avi
> mencoder file.avi -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts
> vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=3000:vpass=1:vhq:mbd=2
> mencoder file.avi -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts
> vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=3000:vpass=2:vhq:mbd=2
>
> Now I updated my pc and I have a new version of mplayer
> (1.0pre7-3.4.3). I used
> the same old command to produce a new avi and everything was ok. The
> problem
> is that the new avi is no longer compatible with my dvd/divx palyer
> (and I
> can't upgrade its firmware).

as was written countless times, now lavc uses its own fourcc: FMP4. You
can override it with -ffourcc XVID.
BTW, can you really hear something at 11 khz audio? :)

 Sponsor:
 Niente paura, da oggi puoi recuperare i dati persi dal PC, semplice come cliccare qui
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3361&d=5-7