[MPlayer-users] MPlayer-1.0pre7 for Intel Platform no Longer Plays Certain Stream.

Roberto Togni r_togni at tiscali.it
Wed Jul 6 22:50:23 CEST 2005

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 15:20:22 -0500
Martin McCormick <martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu> wrote:

> 	I am using a 600-MHZ Dell Dimension with 128 megs of RAM to
> try to play the stream indicated in the URL below.
>
> 	In May of this year, the stream played perfectly but stopped
> working at  or around the first of June.
>
> http://www.streamaudio.com/stations/asx/kssk_fm.asx
>
> 	This is a radio station audio feed from Honolulu, HI.  I
> first thought that there had been network trouble as this is what the
> audio sounds like now.  One hears little bursts of sound that are
> clear and last about a quarter of a second.  Then, there are long
> silent periods.  I even tried mplayer -dumpstream and captured about
> an hours worth of programming.  If I try

Use mplayer -afm dmo -playlist
http://www.streamaudio.com/stations/asx/kssk_fm.asx

-playlist because the address points to an asx playlist
-afm dmo to froce usage of binary codec for wma2 because the ffmpeg one
is buggy on this stream

> mplayer -quiet stream.dump

Do not use -quiet when you're hunting for bugs. if you remove it and
use -v, you get a lot of "lavc audio: error" that points to the bug :)

[...]

> 	After reading documentation on the web site, I tried
>
> mplayer -quiet -vc svq1
>
> 	I also tried ffsvq1 with absolutely no difference in results.

This is complete nonsense. Where did you read it?
-vc svq1 does not exist, -vc ffsvq1 forces ffmpeg sorenson 1 video
decoder

[...]

Ciao,
 Roberto