[MPlayer-users] Question on converting to DivX4...

Jeff Clagg snacky at ikaruga.co.uk
Fri Jul 8 12:23:01 CEST 2005

This conversation sort of spiralled out of control, and I've mostly been
ignoring it, but I can clear something up:

On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 06:31:24PM -0700, RC wrote:
> Of course???  Jeff just claimed that was a problem...  Go argue with
> him.

My comments about deinterlaced stuff looking choppy had nothing to do
with CPU usage or even frame display intervals. It looks choppy because
30fps is just too temporally undersampled for some video. I suppose this
isn't very evident in most movies people watch, but for other source
material it's like night and day.