[MPlayer-users] transform .mkv in divx and add sub in an .avi

octane octane at alinto.com
Sat Jul 9 14:24:37 CEST 2005

Alexander Strange a écrit :

> On Jul 8, 2005, at 9:32 AM, octane wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> two questions.
>>
>> 1.
>> I got a mkv file which have 2 sound channel and 2 sub files.
>> I can play nice the movie with mplayer.
>> I want:
>> change the video codec, use one sound channel, and 1 sub file
>> in order to have a single divX file.
>> How can I do that with mencoder?
>

> Unless you want to reencode, you can't keep the sub file in the
> result, but you could do 'mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy'. I would use
> mkvtoolnix instead.
> http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/

Ok, I extract the video part, the sound part and the sub part:
video.avi
video.ogg
video.txt

But I have problems to remix them in a single file (not a .mkv file!),
see below

>> 2.
>> I have a .avi file and a sub .srt file. I want to mix them in order
>> to have the file _with_ the sub. Also, I need to intriduce a - subdelay.
>> How can I do that with mencoder?
>

> This would also require reencoding, but mencoder's options are the
> same as mplayer's options for this.

mencoder video.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4 -sub video.txt -o
out.mpg
seems to work for mixing movie+sub
It also works if I introduce -subdelay values.

but,
mencoder out.mpg -avc copy -oac copy -audiofile video.ogg -o movie.mpg

ends with
Flux vidéo:  820.137 kbit/s  (102517 bps)  taille: 4145793 octets
40.440 secs  1121 trames

Flux audio:  112.000 kbit/s  (13999 bps)  taille: 574000 octets  41.000 secs
*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x08692868 ***
Abandon

The file video.mpg exists, but has no sound.

Any idea?

The goal is to have a single file, with old-divx codecs in order to
be able to play it nearly-everywhere: mac, linux, win, and cd-player
compatible divx on TV.

thanks