[MPlayer-users] resume playback after closing mplayer

Heitzso heitzso at growthmodels.com
Wed Jul 13 12:49:45 CEST 2005

mplayer can seek to closest group of frames, I believe,
and it is possible to set how many frames are in a gof
(not sure about that when encoding w/ mencoder,
but possible with other tools so I assume also possible
w/ mencoder).  In any case, I've compressed avi files
with gof of 16 or thereabouts and gotten reliable
half second seeking with mplayer using -ss.

That still does not solve the problem of remembering
where you stopped, though you might be able to
scrape that from the console's (stdout's) last line
using cli tools.

Heitzso