[MPlayer-users] resume playback after closing mplayer

Julián Nuñez julian.dia3 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 14:58:17 CEST 2005

On 7/13/05, Paul Bartlett <paul.bartlett at ozemail.com.au> wrote:

> After reading through the documentation, I have found the -ss option that
> allows playback to be started at any given time, but that is only half the
> battle, I still need to know at what point that playback was ceased.
>
> Is there some way that mplayer can retun the value of the number of seconds
> where it was stopped, or even if there is a way that it can output to the
> console where it is up to every few seconds so that I can trap it with a
> script?

I use exactly that method to resume playback in my home-made movie
player. It works fairly well, except for MPEG.
The number of seconds played is displayed constantly in the mplayer
status line. In Unix I send MPlayer output to a pipe and read it from
there. I guess you can do the same in Windows.

Regards.