[MPlayer-users] performance regression in xvid encoding between 1.0-pre6 and 1.0-pre7

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 20:45:31 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 7/25/05, Marcin Slusarz <mslusarz at alan.umcs.lublin.pl> wrote:
> hi
> after upgrading mplayer to 1.0-pre7 i noticed that encoding with mencoder is
> really slow. as i usually record and encode straight from the tv card and cpu
> load is at 96-99%, 60% regression is "noticable" ;) here are results from testings:

I changed xvid defaults to improve default quality. Either go back to
last defaults (look at the man page of -pre6 for that) or look at our
xvid encoding guide (in the HTML docs) to see what options can be
disabled safely to improve speed.

Regards,

Guillaume
--
I feel sorry for people who don't drink.
When they wake up in the morning, that's