[MPlayer-users] Re: Mplayer and NuppelVideo

nemebe01 at luther.edu nemebe01 at luther.edu
Tue Jul 26 19:14:38 CEST 2005

> MythTV file ARE NOT NuppelVideo files.
>
> MythTV's bastardized .nuv files are not supported (unless they were
> captured from a PVR-150/250/350, in which case, just rename them
> to .mpg), but actual NuppelVideo .nuv files are.

Ah, that would explain it.  I think this is becoming the one thing that
really annoys me about Myth.  I spent a day just trying to get the videos
with commericals removed into a format for which I could use MPlayer to
create DVD compatible video.  Such a PITA.

Reimar: I will do that ASAP.  I'm having some trouble with my TV card
locking up my computer (I think), so the only files I have access to at
the moment are multiple hundreds of megabytes that I already recorded.
Maybe I can cut one of them down somehow though.

Thanks for clearing this up guys.

-Ben