[MPlayer-users] mpeg files playback limitation

Kevin DeKorte kdekorte at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 28 15:04:31 CEST 2005

On Thursday 28 July 2005 01:10 am, RC wrote:

> > Do I need to explicitly set the -nocache option when I am playing
> > from a file on disk that is changing?
>
> Definately.  Otherwise mplayer will use the cache value from the
> mplayer config file.

Unfortunately this did not fix the problem. Grabbed a file that was about 3MB
and so the plugin cached 1MB of it and then started mplayer with the -nocache
option and it played about 1 min into the song and stopped (still downloading
in the background). I hit play again and it played the entire song. Also
while it was playing I was asking for percent complete and it seemed to think
that the file size was only 1MB because it it was telling me it was at 85%,
45 seconds into the song. Again this only happens with mpeg files. QT and
others do not exhibit this same behavior.

Here is my command line

mplayer -wid 0x2a0d685 -rtsp-stream-over-tcp -vo x11 -zoom -ao arts,esd
-user-agent NSPlayer -osdlevel 0 -nojoystick -noconsolecontrols -cookies
-slave -nomouseinput -nocache /tmp/mplayRMN8tM

Kevin
--
Get my public GnuPG key from
http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/export?id=7574690260641978351