[MPlayer-users] DVD Menu Support

Wesley Belk wbelk7777 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 23:33:28 CEST 2005

The reason that I ask is that I am a big fan of the Geexbox Project.
Here is a link to their site for those unfamiliar with the Geexbox
Project.  http://www.geexbox.org/en/index.html  As many of you know
Geexbox is a bootable Linux distribution built around Mplayer and  the
inclusion of DVD menu support in Geexbox is likely to be based on its
inclusion in Mplayer.  I agree that Xine and VLC are both good media
players, in fact I use VLC to watch some of my Replaytv's recordings.
I would like to see Geexbox adopt a player that can play DVDs with
menu support, but one of the goals of the Geexbox project is to remain
small (right now around 6MB) and also it does not include xfree86 so
that would leave out Xine and VLC.

Wesley