[MPlayer-users] Re: 3g2 files fail to play sound

adland123 adland123 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 15 17:12:35 CEST 2005

Tanmoy Bhattacharya <tanmoy <at> mindspring.com> writes:

> Bo Xie <xiebopublic <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> > 1.Have you used the latest cvs version of mplayer? If not,please use
> > it and report again.
>

> Will compile from sources (using latest CVS) and let you know when I do that.
> That may take some time.

Good idea to do but it will not help you in this case at this time.

You have embeddeed 13K QCelp audio tracks which MPlayer does not support
currently. (Treo 650 also generates this format of audio versus using
 AMR which is supported)

documentation for .3g2 spec:
http://www.3gpp2.org/Public_html/specs/C.S0050-0_v1.0_121503.pdf
section 8.4.4.3
13K (QCELP) Support in MP4AudioSampleEntry Box
also see RFC 3625 The QCP File Format and Associated Media Types
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3625.html

Linux QCelp playback tools

Purevoice by Qualcomm (Qcelp audio track stored as .qcp file)
http://www.cdmatech.com/solutions/products/purevoice_download.jsp

GPAC (QCelp audio embeded in .3g2 file - untested by me)
http://gpac.sourceforge.net/index.php

Some of both sample types were uploaded to incoming on MPlayerHQ
 a few weeks back.