[MPlayer-users] feature request - multiple subtitles

Oleynik Phil Oleynik.Phil at mail.ioffe.ru
Fri Jun 17 17:42:18 CEST 2005

Paul Stoeber wrote:

>For example, when I'm learning French and my native
>language is English, I want to hear French audio,
>read French subtitles, and also read English subtitles
>for reference.
>
>The current workaround is to have two mplayer windows
>(one with "-ao null"), with the obvious disadvantages.
>
>Any better ideas?

Hello, Paul,

Problem may be solved rather simple. Merge two scripts into one. I do
not know
any way to enable two titles at a time, and turn them off/on on the fly.
However,
you may create three titles from two - 1,2,1+2. They ay be switched at
runtime
and you possibly get what you want. I know a program that does it, but
it is in russian.
http://www.kage.orc.ru/util/dsrt270.rar
Maybe it can help you. If not, try to write a little program on Perl or
C++. There is
nothing complex, just read timecode and write it adding all the lines
from two files.

Philipp