[MPlayer-users] switching between multiple audio streams

Lev A. Melnikovsky leva at despammed.com
Mon Jun 20 13:02:30 CEST 2005

   On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 at 11:54am, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:

> > No, it does not work for my movie :-( As far as its format is
> > concerned, it IS mpeg-something, here's what the MPlayer says:
> Not it's not! :-)
> Have a closer look at the following line:
> > Cache fill:  0.00% (0 bytes)    AVI file format detected.
> So? :-)
Well, just a single line mentions AVI and two contain MPEG as a substring
:-)

>> Selected audio codec: [mp3] afm:mp3lib (mp3lib MPEG layer-2, layer-3)
>> Selected video codec: [ffodivx] vfm:ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG-4)

>> Anything I can do about it?
> Submit a patch?
Do you think the person who hardly understands the difference between
formats and codecs can contribute something here? :-) Even my lirc (the
only part of MPlayer I can understand) patch, having nothing to do with
all this multimedia stuff, is silently ignored...

> or mux you file in a matroka file, with mkvtoolnix for instance:
> mkvmerge in.avi -o out.mkv
This is a deal! Thanks! Unfortunately I failed to pipe them together, but
temporary file solution does work!

-L.