[MPlayer-users] switching between multiple audio streams

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 22:20:22 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 6/20/05, Lev A. Melnikovsky <leva at despammed.com> wrote:
>    On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 at 11:54am, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
>
> > > No, it does not work for my movie :-( As far as its format is
> > > concerned, it IS mpeg-something, here's what the MPlayer says:
> > Not it's not! :-)
> > Have a closer look at the following line:
> > > Cache fill:  0.00% (0 bytes)    AVI file format detected.
> > So? :-)
> Well, just a single line mentions AVI and two contain MPEG as a substring
> :-)

:-)

> >> Selected audio codec: [mp3] afm:mp3lib (mp3lib MPEG layer-2, layer-3)
> >> Selected video codec: [ffodivx] vfm:ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG-4)
>
> >> Anything I can do about it?
> > Submit a patch?
> Do you think the person who hardly understands the difference between
> formats and codecs can contribute something here? :-) Even my lirc (the
> only part of MPlayer I can understand) patch, having nothing to do with
> all this multimedia stuff, is silently ignored...

I'm sorry to hear that... well, I wish I could help you here, but I
don't have the hardware to test it. :-(.
See, that's the problem with how MPlayer developpement works: were's
so paranoid about what we commit (and about the flames be may get from
it) that things that can't be tested have a great tendency to get
ingnored).
What was that patch again?
Could you send a reminder to it? I'll try to have a look at it, but I
can't promise anything.

> > or mux you file in a matroka file, with mkvtoolnix for instance:
> > mkvmerge in.avi -o out.mkv
> This is a deal! Thanks! Unfortunately I failed to pipe them together, but
> temporary file solution does work!

:-)
--
A woman isn't complete without a man.
But where do you find a man - a real man - these