[MPlayer-users] mpeg files by mencoder don't work under Windows

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 18:37:27 CEST 2005

On 6/24/05, Nico Sabbi <nsabbi at fastwebnet.it> wrote:

> mpeg2 or 1?
I think bog standard windows only handles mpeg1 so that is what I was trying.

> what commands did line did you use? did you try to add :tsaf and to
> change the nominal muxrate?
I don't have the commands that I used with me right now.

> if you tell me what version of wme you are using I will try to
> run some muxing tests myself tonight.
I have tried windows media encoder v7 and v9, both fail.
They are both freely downloadable from the Microsoft web site.
If you find a mencoder command line that works, that would be great.
We could then add that to the FAQ.