[MPlayer-users] How to cut, crop and encode ts streams with 2 sound tracks ?

Dominique Dumont domi.dumont at free.fr
Sun Jun 26 12:32:58 CEST 2005

Hello

I'm trying to save in mpeg4 video the recordings I've made on my dvb
card. I'd really like to keep both english and french soundtracks.

Which means I need to:
- edit the file to remove commercials
- crop the movie to remove black bars
- correct the audio-video delay
- set the size ratio as the recordings are always anamorphic
- encode video and 2 audio streams

So far, I've tried avidemux, but it does not handle 2 sound tracks and
tends to fail during re-encoding.

So how should I proceed ?

Do I need to extract one or 2 sound tracks (with maplyer -dumpaudio)
and encode them separately ?  If yes , how can I cut the soundtracks
and keep them in sync with the edited video ?

I can edit a video file with one soundtrack with avidemux (but not
always reliable) or transcode. Unless I'm wrong, mencoder is not
suited to cut a file.

Once the sound tracks are edited and the video stream is re-encoded, I
can merge them in mkv with mmg. That's no problem.

But I need some advices on the editing process with 2 audio
streams. How should I proceed ? What tool should I use ?

Thanks