[MPlayer-users] Strange Subtitle Problem (Star Wars DVD)

Alexander Roalter roalter at cs.tum.edu
Wed Jun 29 10:48:29 CEST 2005

Reimar � wrote:

> The trick is to use -vobsubid instead of sid, as I just found out (first time I ran over such a weird DVD).
Unfortunately, this does not the trick for me. Perhaps you did not run
over the star wars DVDs on the linuxtag...

For now the solution with dumping the movie on disk and playing it from
there is ok (but still not optimal), but I'm still confused about what
the difference from playing it from disk and from disc is, it should be
the same material, only IFOs are not read in the first case...

cheers,
Alex