[MPlayer-users] Strange Subtitle Problem (Star Wars DVD)

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Jun 29 12:37:05 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 10:48:29AM +0200, Alexander Roalter wrote:
> >The trick is to use -vobsubid instead of sid, as I just found out (first
> >time I ran over such a weird DVD).
> Unfortunately, this does not the trick for me. Perhaps you did not run
> over the star wars DVDs on the linuxtag...

No, but I ran over a DVD that had a similar problem, MPlayer detected
only subtitles 0-5, but the wanted one was 6. -sid 6 did not work,
whereas -vobsubid 6 worked...

> For now the solution with dumping the movie on disk and playing it from
> there is ok (but still not optimal), but I'm still confused about what
> the difference from playing it from disk and from disc is, it should be
> the same material, only IFOs are not read in the first case...

Yes, but in theory the IFO contents should be ignored when using
-vobsubid... Well, maybe you find a solution somewhen *g*
Btw. I have been using MPlayer cvs for these tests...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger