[MPlayer-users] mencoder divx segmentation fault

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 18:32:37 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 6/30/05, Ding Li <achillis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, I'm trying to convert my .rmvb files to .avi by using divx
> or xvid so that my dvd player Philips DVP642 can play the video files.
> I've successfully convert some files by using xvid, but it takes too
> long to convert a 300M file, say more than 12 hours. So I tried to use
> divx, but it didn't work. What's the fastest way to convert .rmvb to
> .avi with good quality? Thanks
>
> Ding

RTFM:
mencoder general use
http://mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/mencoder.html
part specific to xvid
http://mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-xvid.html

otherwise, just use lavc (which will probably be fastest encoder) and
add "-ffourcc DIVX"

Guillaume
--
A woman isn't complete without a man.
But where do you find a man - a real man - these