[MPlayer-users] QuickTime 6.3 -> 6.5.1 and Apple Lossless???

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Mar 6 01:45:35 CET 2005

Hi,
On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 04:21:03PM +0000, Timo J.Rinne wrote:
> I've been using mplayer as a audio player for various sound formats.  Some
> formats are decoded using imported Windows QuickTime libraries.  The current
> version of QuickTime supported seems to be 6.3 and it's not capable of decoding
> Apple Lossless audio.
>
> Should the new version (6.5.1) be integrated and support for new audio format
> added, that would be the first non-{Windows,Mac} solution to be able to decode
> Apple Lossless and would surely be appreciated.

Decoder for Apple Lossless: http://craz.net/programs/itunes/alac.html
A patch for ffmpeg (libavcodec) already exists too, so it will probably
be supported by MPlayer "soon".
Concerning 6.5 Qt dlls: They seem to have changed quite a bit, so it
would be quite some work to support them - probably not going to happen
in the near future. OpenSource decoders are much nicer anyway *g*

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger