[MPlayer-users] Could not get buffer from pullup!

Mon Mar 28 19:45:51 CEST 2005

I'm trying to rip a hard-telecined dvd, and unfortunately it's kind of
hard to ivtc it. detc & ivtc don't help at all, pullup doesn't work
correctly on some scene changes, filmdint fails on some fast-motion
animation, and tends to apply deinterlacing in wrong places with default
settings.

So I wanted to compare complete results from filmdint and pullup -
filmdint prints about 130 "Bottom-first field???" while encoding, but at
least works, but with pullup mencoder prints
"Could not get buffer from pullup!" message and segfaults in
pullup_release_frame(). mplayer was cvs up'd at 050317-12:15, and there
are a few changes in pullup since then (6 changed to 4 in interations).

This happens in the middle of almost still white-on-black title
sequence. I don't think I'll be able to upload anything now, so will
backtrace of debug build help?

--

Vladimir